Thursday 28 November 2013

Mini Garden

There are several things I able to do now, since I live in Australia. One of it is gardening. As far as I remember, before this I only plant one time. That was when I was a little girl, I put Galingal in a small pot and surprisingly it grows :D

My first plants this time are Bitter Melon, Katu (in Bahasa Indonesia), Galangal, Lemon Grass and so on. But then I need a mini garden near my door. So I went to my friend's house to ask whatever plants she able to give me. I took the one look dying :)) but that one of it; Lily is my favorite.

I dug the soil using spade then I put potting mix. I made some holes and put the plant in it. After that I put some natural fertilizer and cover the soil with mulch. I also put garden edge made of bamboo on one side. I won't know all these steps if I didn't see on tv. Back in my country we just put the plant in soil. Maybe give a fertilizer a little bit.

Anyway beyond my expectation, my mini garden grows quickly. Only about 2 weeks, one of the bulb grows two strange stalks. Then 2 weeks later those stalks became flowers.

I am so happy. As you can see below are the photo started when I just finished made the garden, then when it started grow flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment